|Law Offices of
1974 State Route 27
Edison, NJ 08817
Ph: (732) 287-0080
Fx: (732) 287-3836
- Legal Ethics as a Means to Address the Problem of
Elite Law Firm Non-Diversity, 12 ASIAN L.J. [Univ. of
Calif. at Berkeley Law] (May 2005), reprinted in Russell Pearce, Daniel J. Capra & Bruce A. Green, Professional Responsibility, A Contemporary Approach 1025-33 (West 2010).
Neufeld Memorandum on H-1B Petitions, and its Implications
for the Computer Consulting Industry, ILW.com,
Nov. 9, 2010.
- Comment Letter to SEC, Prohibition Against Conflicts of Interest in Certain Securitizations (Dec. 12, 2011).
- Comment Letter to SEC, FDIC, Federal Reserve, OCC Prohibitions and Restrictions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Interests in, and Relationships With, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds (Feb. 13, 2012).
Traveling A Violation? Tips For H-1B Workers Going
Abroad, ILW.com, Mar. 17, 2010.
- Bank Lobby Cries over Volcker Rule, Regulators Try to Gut It, American Banker, Feb. 28, 2012.
- Comment Letter to Federal Reserve, Enhanced Prudential Standards and Early Remediation Requirement for Covered Companies (Apr. 30, 2012).
- CEOs' Meeting with Tarullo Is Big Banks' Version of May Day, American Banker, May 2, 2012.
- CFTC Buckles Under Pressure from Swap Dealers, American Banker, May 21, 2013.
- Watered Down Rules Leave Us Vulnerable to Next Crisis, American Banker, September 26, 2013.
- Portfolio Hedging Is Alive and Well Under Volcker, American Banker, December 30, 2013.
- Summary Of Senate Immigration Reform Bill S. 744: What It Would Mean For Information Technology Companies, Silicon India, January 17, 2014.
- Summary of Senate Immigration Reform Bill S.744: What it Means for Information Technology (IT) Companies by Akshat Tewary, ILW.com, January 20, 2014.
- A Little History to Explain a Lot of Tragedy, in Occupy Finance 51 (2014).
- Second Circuit Undermines Judicial Independence and Agency Accountability, Jurist, July 2, 2014.
- Swaps Rule Repeal Shows that Community Banks Are the 99%, American Banker, December 30, 2014.
- A New Glass-Steagall Would Be Too Good for Banks to Pass Up, American Banker, December 11, 2015.
- From Occupy Protests to the Platforms, Common Dreams, July 22, 2016.
- OCC Deserves More Scrutiny in Wake of Wells Fraud, American Banker, October 13, 2016.
- The Choice Act is Not a Community Banking Bill, American Banker, June 15, 2017.
- Government Regulators Should Not Expand Derivatives Trading at Credit Unions, Credit Union Times, January 22, 2021.
- Remarks at the Annual Meeting of the North American Securities Administrators Association, San Diego, CA (Sep. 9, 2012)
- Address at Vermont Law School: 2013 Sterry R. Waterman Lecture, South Royalton, VT (Nov. 4, 2013)
- Remarks at the Meeting of the Federation of Indian Associations (FIA) on Senate Immigration Reform Bill S.744, Edison, NJ (Nov. 10, 2013)
- Address at Yale Law School: 2015 Rebellious Lawyering Conference, New Haven, CT (Feb. 21, 2015)
- Remarks at the Conference on Financial Stability and Asset Management at the Boston University Center for Finance, Law & Policy, Boston, MA (Mar. 11, 2015)
- Remarks at the ITServe Synergy 2016 Conference, Frisco, TX (Nov. 11, 2016)
- Remarks at the ITServe Northeast Chapter Meeting, East Windsor, NJ (Mar. 21, 2017)
- Remarks on 8k Radio 8k Radio Regarding Developments in Immigration Law, Edison, NJ (May 3, 2018)
Street Journal: Victoria McGrane, Occupy Wall Street
Comes to the Aid of Volcker Rule
Catherine Dunn, Occupy the SEC Goes Big on the Volcker
Felix Salmon, Occupy’s Amazing Volcker Rule Letter
- Reuters (Video):
Occupy Movement Takes on SEC, Volcker Rule
- BBC (UK): World Business Report (Mar. 9, 2012)
Post: Suzy Khimm, Occupy the Volcker Rule!
Jones Financial News: Giles Turner, How Occupy
Leveraged its Power on Volcker Rule
Businessweek: Karen Weise, Occupy the SEC Weighs In on
the Volcker Rule
- Bloomberg: Susan Antilla, Occupy Vigilantes Write New Volcker Rule Script
- Bloomberg: Occupy Sets Wall Street Tie-Up as Protesters Face Burnout
Post: Alexander Eichler, Occupy The SEC Marches In
Support Of A Strong Volcker Rule
Business Times: Dan Rivoli, Occupy Wall Street Group
Offers Detailed Critique of Volcker Rule
Willy Staley, Occupy Gets Wonky; Files Lengthy Tome on
- 20 Minuti (Switzerland): Filippo Suessli, #OccupytheSEC:
Indignados Che Lavorano
Pam Martens, Occupy the SEC Pitches An Extreme Makeover of Wall Street
- De Tijd (Belgium): Stijn Demeester, Occupy Wall Street Gaat Bovengronds (Mar. 24, 2012)
Lauren Lyster, Occupy the SEC Takes on Big Banks and the London Whale
- Current TV, Interview on Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer (May 2, 2012)
- The Guardian (UK), JP Morgan Boss to Face Shareholders over $2bn 'Tempest in a Teapot'
- The Guardian (UK), Columbia in a Tangle over Links to Embattled JP Morgan Boss Dimon
- The Guardian (UK), JP Morgan Boss Jamie Dimon Faces Down Senate Critics – as it Happened
- CNBC, Interview on Squawk on the Street
- CCTV (China), Two Shareholders File Lawsuits Against Banking Giant JP Morgan
- American Lawyer - Litigation Daily: Rakoff Gets Amicus Support from Occupy Wall Street in Citi Appeal
- FSRN: Newscast for Wednesday, June 6, 2012
- Huffington Post: Occupy Wall Street-Affiliated Group Sides With Federal Judge Jed Rakoff In SEC Feud
- Law360: UK's Broad Ring-Fencing Proposal May Outshine Volcker Rule
- Law360: Despite Weill's Words, Breaking Up Banks Won't Be Easy
- Le Monde (France): Les Rebelles de Wall Street
- CTV News (Canada): Morning Express (July 26, 2012)
- ABA Student Lawyer: Occupy Law Street: Lawyers and Students Band Together to Tackle Complex Issues (Sep. 2012)
- Financial Advisor: Occupy Wall Street Protesters Plan Traffic Blockade Amid Participant Burnout
- The Globe and Mail (Canada): The Comeback of Occupy Wall Street
- Al Jazeera: Prosecuting Wall Street
- New York Times: Voters Cast Their Ballots
- Law360: SEC Watchdog Sues Feds Over Volcker Rule Delay
- Law360: High Court Ruling Puts SEC Actions On Strict Timetable
- Boston Globe: Occupy the SEC Takes on Big Banks on Their Own Turf
- USA Today: Dodd-Frank Act: After 3 Years, a Long To-do List
- PolicyMic: Immigration Reform 2013: Why More Border Security is Not the Answer
- The Nation: Occupy Activists' New Fight for Regulation, Affordable Housing and Social Justice
- IA Watch: Complicated High Court Case Could Slice Both Ways for Advisers
- Al-Jazeera America: Bankers and Activists Fret Over Volcker Rule's Impact
- Law360: Despite Some Easing, Volcker Will Pose Challenges For Banks
- Wall Street Journal: Occupy the SEC’s Volcker Rule Role
- Washington Post: The Volcker rule Cites the Occupy Movement 284 Times
- AllVoices: Occupy's Efforts Gain Some Traction
- Silicon India: Helping Companies Solve Problems On A Direct Basis
- IBA Global Insight: The SEC: New Leader, New Era?
- Animal NY: Occupy Wonk Street
- Law360: Bank Exec Charges Would Add Bite To DOJ's Bark
- Naked Capitalism: Did Wall Street Need to Win the Derivatives Budget Fight to Hedge Against Oil Plunge?
- Naked Capitalism: Occupy the SEC Condemns Securities Lawyers for Bullying the SEC, Demanding Preferential Treatment for Clients
- Thomson Reuters: Q&A: Occupy the SEC’s Top Lawyer, on Post-Volcker Banking and Reform Agenda
- Thomson Reuters: Roots of the Next Financial Crisis: The Last One’s Veterans Give Views
- Law360: Activists Urge High Court To Tighten Insider Trading Rules
- Law360: Rumored Reduction In Deutsche Bank Fine Has Critics Howling
- Law360: Banks Push OCC To Simplify The Volcker Rule
- Die Tageszeitung (Germany): Bye-bye, Occupy
- Naked Capitalism: SEC to Relax Audit Requirements for Small Companies, Thus Facilitating Future Accounting Fraud
- Wall Street Journal:Choice Act More Bane Than Boon for Community Banks
- Brief of Amicus Curiae Occupy the SEC, Gabelli v. Sec. and Exch. Comm'n, No. 11-1274, 2013 WL 691002 (U.S. Feb. 27, 2013).
- Taylor v. Bernanke, No. 13-CV-1013. (E.D.N.Y. Sep. 9, 2013)
- Brief of Amicus Curiae Occupy the SEC, Chadbourne & Parke LLP v. Troice, No. 12-79, 2014 WL 714697 (U.S. Feb. 26, 2014)
- Brief of Amicus Curiae Alternative Banking Group, SEC v. Citigroup, 752 F.3d 285 (2d Cir. June 4, 2014)
- Brief of Amicus Curiae Occupy the SEC, Bank of America, NA v. Caulkett and Bank of America, NA v. Toledo-Cardona , Nos. 13-1421 and 14-163 (U.S. Feb. 24, 2015)
- Brief of Amicus Curiae Occupy the SEC, Omnicare, Inc. v. Laborers District Council Construction Industry Pension Fund, No. 13-435 (U.S. Aug. 28, 2014)
- Brief of Amicus Curiae Occupy the SEC, Salman v. United States, No. 15-628 (U.S. Aug. 8, 2016)
- Brief of Amicus Curiae Occupy the SEC, Retirement Plans Committee of IBM v. Jander, No. 18-1165 (U.S. Oct. 1, 2019)